Capable Massachusetts Business Litigation Attorney Resolves Complex Disputes
Established attorney represents companies in the Boston area
If you engage in commerce, sooner or later you are almost certain to encounter a dispute with a client or contractor that you’ll need outside help to resolve. If your company was wronged by a breach of contract or if claims of unfair practices have been made against your business, contacting an experienced business litigation firm is essential. Attorney Rossi represents business owners, professionals, executives and corporate boards in the Boston area, as well as across Massachusetts in trials in Massachusetts and federal courts. As a strong negotiator, Attorney Rossi seeks to settle disputes to save your company both time and expense, but he's always ready to go to trial as a last resort when needed.
Knowledgeable litigator handles breach of contract cases
To run a business smoothly and successfully, owners often have to place their trust in the hands of employees, third-party contractors or other businesses. When that trust is broken, it can affect business operations, profits, consumer confidence and more. When a party to a contract doesn’t perform, there are remedies I can seek for monetary damages or equitable relief. These may include:
- Compensatory damages — Reimbursement for immediate monetary loss
- Consequential and incidental damages — Compensation for additional foreseeable losses caused by the breach
- Attorney fees and costs — Amounts available only if the contract expressly states they are recoverable
- Liquidated damages — Amounts specified in the contract that are payable for particular breaches, such as late or substandard performance
- Specific performance — Court order requiring the breaching party to fulfill the terms of the contract
- Punitive damages — Penalty for a party’s objectionable behavior, meant to punish the breaching party and discourage other parties from acting in a similar manner
- Rescission — Cancellation of the contract, with both sides excused from further performance and payments made under the contract returned
- Reformation — Change in the terms of the contract when the court believes there was an honest misunderstanding by the parties about what was to be performed
Attorney Rossi is committed to helping business owners achieve the best legal remedy for breach of contract cases, whether they are the plaintiffs or defendants.
Skilled attorney negotiates from a position of strength
Resolving a business dispute outside of court saves companies both time and money. Mr. Rossi's firm will seek to have frivolous claims dropped or dismissed and work strategically to negotiate favorable settlements at the bargaining table. Attorney Rossi understands the advantages of alternative dispute resolution (ADR), including mediation and arbitration. As a skilled negotiator, he can help clients get their businesses back on track while avoiding the expense of litigation.
Experienced litigator presses for your rights in court
I In addition to breach of contract, Attorney Rossi has years of experience successfully representing businesses and individuals in the following areas:
- Business torts
- Products liability
- Partnership and shareholder disputes
- Banking and creditor issues, including lender liability
- Intellectual property, including copyright and trademark infringement
- Breach of warranty
- Real estate
- Commercial leases
- COMMERCIAL INSURANCE COVERAGE AND UNFAIR CLAIMS PRACTICES Negotiated a $600,000.00 settlement in a commercial fire loss claim that included approximately $100,000.00 in property damage plus loss of rental income This case involved an attempt by the insurer to disclaim coverage, the alleged negligence of the insurance agent in procuring the coverage and advising the claimant on the content of the application for insurance, the insurer’s attempts to limit several elements of the loss such as the application of depreciation expense and time limitations on the period of loss of rental income. This matter settled on the third day of trial.
- INTERFERENCE WITH ADVANTAGEOUS BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP Negotiating a settlement for an outside sales representative who was the victim of wrongful interference with her advantageous business relationship. The Defendant was the purchasing supervisor of a major customer of the sales representative. The settlement was obtained while suit was pending in the Superior Court. The amount of the settlement payment was equal to approximately one year of her earnings as an outside sales representative.
Contact a dependable Massachusetts business litigator
If your business has been damaged by someone else’s conduct, or you are accused of a wrongful action, it is essential to seek skilled legal representation as soon as possible. Delaying the exercise of your rights could mean losing them. Recovering damages could mean the difference between profitability and insolvency for your company. Call Attorney Rossi at 617-742-5400 or contact me online to schedule a consultation.